Re: patch to fix text color in PDF output

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: patch to fix text color in PDF output
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 06:49:34 +0200

Andrew Hawryluk <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 7:33 AM, David Kastrup<address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Sure do.  So what driver with what setting converts your PDF to the
>> respective printer language?
>
> Good question.
> At home: Samsung ML-2010, SpliX V. 2.0.0 on Ubuntu 9.04 (evince or
> acroread)

What printer driver is configured with what settings?  Ubuntu has a
printer dialogue.

> I have also now tried monochrome black with CMYK red, which is
> probably the best output option, but the TeX code could be cleaned up.

Maybe.  But CMYK black really should be black.  If it isn't, there is
something wrong, likely in the printer driver which could be
GhostScript.  The printer, incidentally, is a B&W or a color printer?

> I have attached sample pages of the original and my latest variation
> for comparison. Perhaps someone else can print both pages and see a
> difference.

Didn't make it to the list.  Download location?