Re: integration of general/web in main

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: integration of general/web in main
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:46:51 -0700

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 05:25:57PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le jeudi 13 août 2009 à 01:31 +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :
> > That's a nice way of putting it...  I do like the new web site,
> > but I'd feel bad if what we now have goes life, so I put in
> > some effort to help this time ;-)
>
> Very very cool!  I left this a bit over as my LilyPond time is compltely
> absorbed by learning SCons :-P

Oh, I didn't realize you were planning on changing so quickly.

All right.  Here's my proposal to get the docs stabilized with a
minimum of effort:
1)  Jan, please merge automated-engraving into essay/.  Make it a
second chapter or something like that.  We can link to that
chapter, rather than the first chapter, for the next 4 weeks until
the new essay is ready.

2)  I'll add macros for @rgeneral.

3)  Jan, please move web-gop/texinfo/examples/*.ly  into
master/Documentation/general/examples/.  As a temporary solution,
I think we should take the pngs as well, but John hates that idea.
So it's up to you to integrate the build process for these files
into the overall doc build system.

4)  Once #3 is done, I'll merge the latest changes (to texinfo
files) from web-gop.

5)  I'll finish changing the LM and NR, and invite comments.  The
AU rearrangement will take a bit longer.

Cheers,
- Graham