Re: Fixing bugs #379 and #427

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Fixing bugs #379 and #427
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 00:29:42 +0100

2009/8/14 Patrick McCarty <address@hidden>:

> I've decided to dive into deep waters (the slur code) and try to fix
> the popular "ugly slur" bugs, #379 and #427.

Hurrah! :)

You've already made more progress than I have tackling this; I spent
far too much time fiddling around inside
Slur_engraver::stop_translation_timestep, with limited results.

> Note that I have not run the regression test suite, so I do not yet
> know the impact this patch has overall.

Have you tested it on `slur-broken-trend.ly'?  This is quite a useful
test if you amend it slightly to add a key signature.

> Can anyone take a look at the patch and let me know if there are other
> things I need to consider?

Will report back once I've given the patch a whirl.

Regards,
Neil