Fixing bugs #379 and #427

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Fixing bugs #379 and #427
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:03:21 -0700

Hello,

I've decided to dive into deep waters (the slur code) and try to fix
the popular "ugly slur" bugs, #379 and #427.

See the attached patch for the progress I've made.  Also attached is
an image of Mark Polesky's example from the bug tracker:

http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=379#c4

Note that I have not run the regression test suite, so I do not yet
know the impact this patch has overall.

Can anyone take a look at the patch and let me know if there are other
things I need to consider?  I'll also mark the bugs as "Started" so
that people know they are being worked on.

Thanks,
Patrick