Re: hash/backslash confusion

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: hash/backslash confusion
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 22:00:51 +0100

2009/8/13 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:

> One could also do
> #(define scheme-only-music-expresson #{ \relative e' { e8 f g g e2 } #})

You can also use quoted strings,

"music-expression" = \relative e' { e8 f g g e2 }

but they can't be used in music blocks since the lexer will only
recognize letters:

 143 NOTECOMMAND     \\{A}+

> The scm-quote-Six example is surprising to me.  I guess the parser treats
> bare strings (like quoteThree, that are used in definitions) different from
> pre-existing strings (prefaced by \).

The lexer allows hyphens (and underscores) in markup command strings:

 144 MARKUPCOMMAND   \\({A}|[-_])+

This is obviously OK, since defining a markup command takes place in Scheme.

Regards,
Neil