Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:48:09 +0200

Le mardi 11 août 2009 à 10:45 -0700, Mark Polesky a écrit :
> When grepping for pad-markup, two hits are from translated docs.
> Do I just silently modify them, or do I need to notify the
> translators?

Why don't you just convert-ly docs after having written the convert-ly
rule and compiled convert-ly?

>  Skimming through CG 3.7.4, it mentions running "make
> check-translation"... can I do that on Windows?

If git binary is in your PATH, it may work.

>  And do I need to
> update documentation PO for such a small change?

No, I usually take care of doing this.  Nowadays doc PO generation is no
longer valid, so the next update will have to wait a bit.

> Sorry if these are annoying questions. If the answers are simple,
> maybe a short node could be added to CG 3.4 "Documentation
> policy". Something like "Updating translations". I don't want to
> accidentally cause trouble, I guess.

If you think about it more than a second, you can hardly cause trouble
by modifying a few lines of ly snippets in translated documentation
files.  I'll add some blurb about translation management by
non-translators in the CG, as they frequently ask about these, and are
not aware that it's rather too few porting of changes in English docs
into translations that is annoying for translators, e.g. when .itely
files are moved from one manual to another.

Best,
John