compilation question

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: compilation question
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 08:27:28 +0200 (CEST)

Folks,

assume that I've compiled lilypond from scratch, say, two weeks ago,
together with the full documentation.  Is it OK nowadays to say

  git pull
  make all

to *really* have a good build?  For example, I see that there are no
makefile rules which handle changes to configure.in or aclocal.m4...[1]

Second, is it now safe to follow with

  make doc

to get an up-to-date documentation?  I know that Graham is currently
restructuring the documentation directories, so I don't count
inconsistencies related to that issue -- I know I have to wait until
he is done.

Usually, I'm always doing a build starting from zero, but sometimes
I'm lazy...

    Werner

[1] Maybe there are, but then they don't work properly :-)