Re: New web site moved to master

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: New web site moved to master
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 00:29:30 -0700

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 08:06:43PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> The web site in Texinfo is on master now, except the examples (see my
> other email).  All of what I could think of the technical status and
> to-do is in the commmit message.

A few comments about some of those FIXMEs/TODOs:

1) news items: would it be possible to keep the news-front vs.
news-old?  I'd like to maintain human control over what's on the
front page.  If this would screw up the RSS feed, then I guess we
can live with an automated "4 item" thing.  :(

2) news dates: could we use SI dates instead of the horribly
broken American "Month DD, YYYY" ?  If we can't do YYYY Month DD,
then could we at least do DD Month YYYY ? (SI is French, after all. ;)

3) PDF output: I would rather not clutter the web pages with
individual "print this page" links.  Apart from possibly the
Examples (which somebody may want to examine in printed form), I
can't see many people wanting an individual page as pdf.  Could we
just keep it as one pdf manual?

Cheers,
- Graham