Re: cross-staff versions of \arpeggioArrowUp etc.

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: cross-staff versions of \arpeggioArrowUp etc.
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 17:32:34 -0700 (PDT)

Mark Polesky wrote:

> Okay, this is not ready yet. I found a confusing problem. When setting
> connectArpeggios to #f after it has been #t, there's some issue with
> the unreverted PianoStaff stencil somehow overriding the new Voice
> stencil. Or something. I'm not really sure -- it's confusing.

Oh man, that was rough. But I think I solved it. The problem was that
the macro was looking for a context where 'connectArpeggios was set to
#t to set and revert the properties. This worked fine when it was set
to #t, but once it was set to #f, the macro couldn't find the old
properties to revert. So the old PianoStaff properties, defined in one
staff, were overriding the old Voice properties defined in the other
staff. Confusing, but I got it.

I've rewritten it so that now it should all work. If you're curious, the
procedure called "move-arpeggio-to-this-context" is what does the trick.
This is called just before setting 'connectArpeggios to #f.

Also, to ease the burden on the user, I went ahead and made two new
commands, \connectArpeggiosOn and \connectArpeggiosOff. Without these,
the user would have to manually call "move-arpeggio-to-this-context"
just before setting 'connectArpeggios to #f. The new \connectArpeggiosOff
command automates this.

So now, I *think*, all the built-in arpeggio commands such work
intuitively, regardless of the connectArpeggios value.

Hopefully there are no more snafus, but I need you guys to test this.
Let me know if you find any problems. I'd like to apply this if the
developers approve.

(see the attached file)

Thanks.
- Mark