Re: Lilypond Parser Grammar added to manual

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Lilypond Parser Grammar added to manual
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 07:37:30 +0200

Hi Carl,
Carl D. Sorensen a écrit :
Some time ago I proposed adding a section to the documentation on the
lilypond parser grammar.  I didn't know how to follow up on it then, but I
still think it's useful, even if it's not perfect.  And I know a lot more
now.
I think it's useful too.

What would need to be done to get

a) lilygrammar.txt in the form that it could be included in the Notation
Reference as appendix B.16?
It could be just included in a @verbatim block, or formatted as Texinfo for more readability.

b) The commands to do this automatically added as part of the make process?
Add a rule in Documentation/user/GNUmakefile to generate $(outdir)/lilygrammar.txt (or .texi), and specify that the Notation Reference depends on this file:

$(outdir)/lilypond.texi: $(outdir)/lilygrammar.txt

... or alternatively just wait for me to do it on Sunday night along with my other Lily to-do.

Good luck,
John