Re: GUB3 at the lilypond-installer stage

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: GUB3 at the lilypond-installer stage
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:37:45 -0700

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:57:57AM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Op vrijdag 17-04-2009 om 00:29 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Patrick
> McCarty:
>
> Hi Patrick,
>
> > I just tried doing a fresh build with
> >
> > $ bin/gub tools::bison && bin/gub tools::flex && bin/gub
> > mingw::lilypond-installer
> >
> > and I get two configure errors for linux-x86::cross/binutils.  I'm
> > just attaching the one for configure-binutils; configure-gas also
> > failed with the same error message.
>
> Hmm, you seem to be getting the weirdest of errors.  I cannot reproduce
> this.  What kind of system are you running?

I am running 64-bit Arch Linux, and I can also reproduce on 32-bit
Arch Linux (on a 32-bit machine).

I have a feeling that it is a distro problem, but I don't know where
to begin looking.  Since Arch Linux typically pushes the latest
software releases (mostly unpatched), I could try selectively
downgrading some of them.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Patrick