Re: inter-quant-penalty in beaming

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: inter-quant-penalty in beaming
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 17:00:16 -0700

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Carl D. Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've been working on fixing the documentation of details for beaming.
>
> One of the parameters in details is inter-quant-penalty.
>
> However, this property is only read in lily/beam-quanting.cc; it is never
> used.
>
> Further, a git grep for inter-quant-penalty returns only the single
> reference in lily/beam-quanting.cc.
>
> It appears that this property is not used.  May I remove it?

I noticed that earlier as well.

Searching the history of lily/beam-quanting.cc reveals that
INTER_QUANT_PENALTY used to be a hardcoded constant, and that the last
instance of its usage was removed in 2004.

So, I think it would be safe to remove, as well as its declaration in
lily/include/beam.hh.

-Patrick