Re: new directory input/new/revised

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: new directory input/new/revised
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 13:55:46 +0100 (CET)

> > The `begin verbatim' is added automatically?
>
> Yes, it is.

Where exactly?

> > Sometimes I can imagine that stuff should be inserted before this.
> > For example,
> >
> >   \paper { ragged-right = ##f }
> >
> > is such code -- basically all snippets in the manual are typeset
> > like this, so it is a waste of space to have this again and again.
> > How do you handle this?
>
> Graham provided the most sensible answer; if you really want the
> paper block to be quoted verbatim, put it after the \header block.

It's exactly the opposite: For PDF, I basically need to activate
ragged-right for multi-system input because the default line length
used otherwise is too long.  And I don't want that printed in the
verbatim code.  Alternatively, examples consisting of more than a
single system should automatically get a smaller width value so that
they don't stick into the right margin of the PDF document.

What do you suggest?

    Werner