Re: texinfo bug: @table within @example

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: texinfo bug: @table within @example
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:42:22 -0000

Werner LEMBERG wrote Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:59 AM

Could you see if you think this has made an improvement.

Much better, thanks.  However, it still exposes a severe bug in the
used version of texi2html: There is absolutely no reason why there are
two empty lines between each item.  There should be *none* (or at most
one, in case items are separated this way in HTML, which I personally
dislike, but others may have a different opinion).

I agree totally; unfortunately there is nothing we can do
in the formatting to avoid this, AFAICS.

I've applied a small patch to improve the appearance; I don't see any
reason to have the note names typeset with @code.  The patch also
fixes the column widths in the PDF.

I had applied a patch in the immediately preceding commit to fix
the column widths too :)  But in the opposite way - I kept
the @code{} and added @code{} to the @multitable line.  I like
the appearance of this - you can see it in the pdf today. I'll see what your patch looks like tomorrow, but I think I prefer the note names typeset with @code{}. The accidentals will have to be left in a proportional font, though, else that table will run off the right margin. See which you prefer.

   Werner

Trevor