Re: pedal brackets, edge-width, edge-widen: ???

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: pedal brackets, edge-width, edge-widen: ???
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 21:58:54 +0100

2008/9/17 Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:

> I've seen you've added this to the LSR and you did well; I replaced
> your snippet by a more complete one as
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=510

I'm afraid this will have to go in input/new, since convert-ly wants
to change 'edge-height to 'bound-details, which doesn't apply to grobs
like PianoPedalBracket and OttavaBracket; their stencils are tuplet
brackets.

> However, I am completely clueless about this "edge-width" property. I
> can see that such a property has indeed existed, and has been renamed
> to edge-widen in 2002, then turned into bracket-flare in 2004, and...
>
> And it seems that it no longer applies to pedal brackets! In the
> following snippet, the first and second bracket look the same:
>
> \relative c'' {
>  \set Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'bracket
>  c1\sustainOn c c\sustainOff c
>  \override Staff.PianoPedalBracket #'bracket-flare = #'(0.5 . 0.5)
>  c1\sustainOn c c\sustainOff c
> }
>
> Is it a bug, anyone?

This is rather strange.  I'll see if I can work out what's going on.

Regards,
Neil