Re: a couple of bugs with lyrics

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: a couple of bugs with lyrics
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:02:02 +0100

2008/9/4 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

>> > 1. I'm replacing hara-kiri with axis-group; however, whatever I
>> >    do, there is no (empty) lyrics line in the first system.
>>
>> This appears to be the same issue affecting the piano centred
>> dynamics template when there's a system with no dynamics.
>
> Ok.  Is this classified as a bug or as a feature?  IMHO, it's rather
> the former...

I'm not sure; Joe probably knows the answer, since the change in
behaviour came about as a result of his new spacing code.

>> Obviously, in the case of the first system, there are no lyrics, so
>> it has no X-extent. Setting minimum-X-extent to a value greater than
>> '(0 . 0) gets around this problem.
>
> I don't know how easy this is to fix; otherwise, it should probably be
> documented.

Perhaps we could add a default for minimum-X-extent in
define-grobs.scm. Running `make check' with a setting of '(-0.5 . 0.5)
doesn't appear to break anything (there's a barely percetible
difference in figured-bass-slashed-numbers.ly).

Regards,
Neil