Re: Hello and question about the list

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Hello and question about the list
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:32:12 +0200

Le 15 juil. 08 à 01:26, Eric Knapp a écrit :

Hello,

My name is Eric Knapp and I'm a professional computer programmer and
programming instructor at a college in Wisconsin, USA. I have started
learning Scheme and lilypond's use of Scheme. I'm doing this so that I
can write a library of functions to aid in using lilypond to score for
my musical instrument, the Chapman Stick. The instrument poses several
scoring challenges that will need Scheme, I believe. This library will
be shared with the Stick player community and be free and OSS.

Would it be appropriate to ask detailed questions about lilypond
internals and Scheme on this list? Would you rather I ask them on the
users list or not at all?

You can post questions, even advanced ones, on the lilypond-user list,
rather than on the devel list, which focuses on lilypond development.
As far as I recall, nobody has been blamed for asking questions about
lilypond internals or scheme usage!

nicolas