Re: LilyPond on Leopard (was: Re: Please rebuild with newer version of M

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: LilyPond on Leopard (was: Re: Please rebuild with newer version of MacOS X developer tools)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:19:05 -0300

2008/2/26, Matthias Neeracher <address@hidden>:
>  > I remember reading about a script to automate packaging up a Fink
>  > package plus its dependencies.  I think this would be the easiest
>  > road, since getting our GUB framework up and running on darwin will be
>  > hell.  I'll see if I can find this again.
>

> Unfortunately, the fink package builds the command line tool, not the
>  application around it.

The big problem is the command line tool. The app around it is a
simple python script; you can get it at

 http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=shortlog;h=macos-lilypad

>  Does the lilypond web site have a description of your release build
>  process?

Not exactly. What happens is that we unpack a tarball of the binary
into the folder of the (binary) GUI app. The tarball is fully
relocatable, so the GUI just runs the commandline tool in a window.