Re: build requires manually calling make -C python

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: build requires manually calling make -C python
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:45:11 +0100

Le mercredi 30 janvier 2008 à 18:54 -0800, Graham Percival a écrit :
> After deleting everything and doing
>   ./autogen.sh
>   make
>
> I get this:
> chmod 755 out/midi2ly
> /usr/bin/perl /home/lilypond/lilypond/buildscripts/out/help2man
> out/midi2ly > out/midi2ly.1
> help2man: can't get `--help' info from out/midi2ly
>
> Running
>   make -C python
> manually solves this issue.
>
> This is on a Debian/linux box, BTW.

I often run into this building bug too; it sometimes happens for no
apparent reason, or it happens when I make change to Python modules
(python/) or scripts.  Maybe make goes into scripts/ before going into
python, although these 2 subdirs are in good order in GNUmakefile
SUBDIRS variable.

I'm trying to fix other build issues with Python 2.5 vs. 2.4 you
reported.  2.4.x should be still fully supported, but as I explained in
a commit message, some things must be worked around so that our scripts
work with 2.5.

Cheers,
John