Re: patch for scm/editor.scm to add KDE (Kate) support.

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: patch for scm/editor.scm to add KDE (Kate) support.
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:12:05 +0100

Op woensdag 30 januari 2008, schreef Wilbert Berendsen:

> Kate numbers lines starting with 0, so I had to add some code to decrease
> the line number in the textedit:// url by one. The special string
> %(line-1)s is replaced with the line number minus one.

Well, I now discover Kate from KDE3 starts line and col numbering at 0, but
Kate from KDE4 starts numbering lines and cols with 1.

Lilypond's textedit:// URIs on the other hand, start line numbers with 1 and
col and char numbers with 0. (If I understand correctly.)

So I guess I better add a textedit protocol wrapper to KDE, so that it
automagically converts the textedit:// uris to a correct call to Kate. If I
can get the texteditprotocol handler part of KDE, it can abstract away the
differences in line and col counting.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Wilbert Berendsen

--