replacing Century Schoolbook font

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: replacing Century Schoolbook font
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:40:56 +0100 (CET)

Folks,

the TeX-Gyre project (financially supported mainly by the German TeX
Users' Group, DANTE) is developing replacements for the set of common
URW fonts.  The project isn't finished yet, but already now the glyph
repertoire has almost doubled, compared to the set of glyphs currently
in Century Schoolbook (and many, many errors especially in the
Cyrillic block have been fixed).  As an additional benefit, the fonts
are directly available as full-featured OpenType fonts (this is, they
come with a large bunch of OpenType features).  While the metrics are
slightly different (due to improvements), the overall shapes of the
glyphs are almost identical.

The replacement for Century Schoolbook is called TeXGyreSchola:

  http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/schola

I strongly suggest to use those fonts, and I'm willing to update
lilypond so that they get included and used.

Comments, please.

    Werner

PS: Two questions in case you think the above is a good idea: Shall we
    distribute SVG and PFB versions of TeXGyreSchola?