Help with git

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Help with git
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:13:22 +0200

Hello,

I realized that I did some commits to my local copy of master, but I don't get the remote revisions to make a patch out of it.
That is how I pull:
git pull git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git

Obviously I forgot to name my local branch (?) -- when I call git show-branch, it says: [master] Merge git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond

How can I refer to the remote branch? If I say: git rev-parse git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git I get only the message that the revision is unknown, the same for format-patch...

I don't find anything helpfull at the git documentation at the moment.

Greetings
Till