Re: building sections of the docs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: building sections of the docs
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:28:02 -0800

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 22:08:14 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

> Something is still missing or misconfigured.  See below.

Did you compile the lilypond *binary* yourself, or did you
download a binary?  (ie GUB)

> address@hidden:~/lily/doc/Documentation/user$ make web

This command __only__ works if you compiled lilypond yourself.  ie

cd ~/lily
./autogen.sh
make

You need a ton of dependencies for this to be possible.  I
therefore recommend that doc helpers build with GUB.  But to do
that, you *CANNOT* use "make web".  Please see AU 1.2.4 for the
exact command, because I can't remember it.

> snippet-names'/bin/sh: /home/paul/lily/doc/out/bin/lilypond: No such
> file or directory command

This is the important line.  It looks like you didn't compile the
lilypond binary.

Please see AU 1.2.4; you want to run all these commands:

     ./autogen.sh   % ignore any warning messages
     cp GNUmakefile.in GNUmakefile
     make -C python
  cd Documentation/user/
     nice make LILYPOND_EXTERNAL_BINARY=/path/to/bin/lilypond web
     % change the lilypond directory as appropriate

Cheers,
- Graham