[Fwd: Re: numbers as arguments in define-markup-command]

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: [Fwd: Re: numbers as arguments in define-markup-command]
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 21:49:38 +0100

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: numbers as arguments in define-markup-command Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 21:17:07 +0100 User-agent: Mutt/1.5.11
Am 29. Dezember 2006, 20:26 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> try
>
>   #10 }

o.k., thanks! I take from this example that in general it's safer to
delimit all brackets with whitespace characters on both sides to avoid
ambiguities.

Although the examples in the lilypond documentation follow this rule,
I didn't see it written expressively in the docs. Maybe it would be a
good idea to change the following sentences taken from section 2.1 of
the manual.

I suggest to replace this:

"Every piece of LilyPond input needs to have {curly braces} placed
around the input. For the rest of this manual, most examples will omit
these braces, but don't forget them in your own music!"

with this (also note the inserted whitespace around "curly braces"):

"Every piece of LilyPond input needs to have { curly braces } placed
around the input. The braces should be surrounded by a space unless
they are at the beginning or end of a line to avoid ambiguities. For

--
Orm

--- End Message ---