Re: markup commands leaks (Re: Scheme question on strict substitution)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: markup commands leaks (Re: Scheme question on strict substitution)
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 01:11:05 +0100

Nicolas Sceaux escreveu:
> (issue 162)
>
> Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Still, the builtin-markup module should export its make-COMMAND-markup
>> and COMMAND-markup functions, for they are used in some of the files
>> loaded by lily.scm. As these functions will have to be imported in both
>> the (lily) modules and the toplevel .ly module, and also some other (scm
>> ...) modules, the namespace issue won't be solved anyhow.
>>
>> I propose that:
>>
>> 1) builtin markup commands are still defined in the (lily) module and
>>    exported, using a `define-builtin-markup-command' macro;
>>
>> 2) user markup commands are defined in the toplevel ly module, by
>>    creating a `define-markup-command' in markup-init.ly.
>
> I still have to check whether make web works, but is the following
> change OK? See markup.scm and markup-init.ly.

I'll have a closer look later, but someone/something  is still
keeping refs to parsed objects, which is bad.

address@hidden lilypond]$ lilypond -ddebug-gc   input/regression/markup-user.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.11.5
^[OFProcessing `input/regression/markup-user.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Layout output to `markup-user.ps'...
Converting to `markup-user.pdf'...Dumping GC statistics gcstat-1.scm...
Live object statistics: GC'ing
Asserting dead objects

programming error: Parsed object should be dead: static scm_unused_struct*
Prob::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Parsed object should be dead: static scm_unused_struct*
Context_def::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
continuing, cross fingers
Dumping live object statistics.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation