Part identifiers with underscores, dashes, or digits?

From: Nick Didkovsky
Subject: Part identifiers with underscores, dashes, or digits?
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 15:14:26 -0500

Hello

I see that identifiers cannot have underscores, dashes, or digits in them, as I get parse errors. Quoting them helps in most cases (such as "Staff00"= { ... }, but then I cannot do the following in the lilypond file that combines parts into a full ensemble piece
new Staff = \"Staff00"

Do I have this right, or is there a workaround?

Thank-you
Nick Didkovsky