Re: skyline vertical spacing

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: skyline vertical spacing
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:29:35 +0100

Joe Neeman escreveu:
> On 11/28/06, *Han-Wen Nienhuys* <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     Joe Neeman escreveu:
>     > On 11/28/06, *Werner LEMBERG* <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
>     <mailto:address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >     Joe,
>     >
>     >     here's a quite important problem regarding skyline positioning and
>     >     outside-staff-priority.  Hopefully, you can fix that easily
>     since this
>     >     feature rocks!
>
>     > I'm not on a lilypond-enabled computer right now, so it could be
>     caused
>     > by a bug, but I can't tell from your example.
>     >

>     marks are typeset at score level. I'd be surprised if they partook
>     in skyline stuff.
>

> How's this? I just recurse into smaller boxes if I find a
> vertical-axis-group (before, the System was treating the
> VerticalAlignment as a single grob and therefore the skyline was just a
> big box).

Sounds like a good idea. There's one thing I'm not comfortable with
(and I was bitten by this doing the separation item stuff), but I'm
not sure it could be a problem in this case.

It is possible to ask for the X,Y extent of an axis group which is X
but not Y. In that case, the X dimension will be bogus, which may
affect the result of the skylining.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com