Re: urgent: layout of first page

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: urgent: layout of first page
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 07:00:42 +0100 (CET)

> >> Perhaps we can take the maximum of both distances,
> >
> > Which distances?
>
> We could have a header separation measuring distance from the
> header,

distance B

> and another separation from the top of the page.

distance A

> The effective distance would be the lowest of both.

Isn't this the same what I propose?

             ------------                 ------------
    ^          header            ^   ^     no header
    |        ------------        |   |    ------------
   A|   ^                       A|  B|
    v   v                        v   v

BTW, the change to `first-line-position' is a quite severe
modification to the layout of the first page.  Shouldn't this be
mentioned somewhere?  I can imagine that we add a CHANGES file which
reports `minor' user-visible changes (but all of them which are not
mentioned in the NEWS file).

    Werner