Re: lyric barcheck possible bug

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: lyric barcheck possible bug
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:15:41 +0200

On Friday 29 September 2006 02:38, Graham Percival wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This displays a barcheck error.  Is it defined whether it should or not?
>   I glanced through the docs but couldn't immediately find anything
> about lyrics and rests.

You should currently view barchecks as something you place _before_ syllables.
With this way of viewing it, the barcheck before the third ah is naturally
aligned to the middle of the second bar.

However, it might be bad to rely on this interpretation, because we may want
to change it later. I'd recommend you to only place barchecks where the
melody has notes immediately before and after the barline.

One way to fix behaviour (and make it do what people expect) may be to make
lyricsto listen to barchecks in the melody, and align those to any matching
barchecks in the lyrics.

--
Erik