misc bugs and cleanups

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: misc bugs and cleanups
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:13:10 +1000

My page-breaking patch is getting big and unwieldy again, so I've split
off some bits that aren't really related. Among other things, this patch
fixes the bug that Kieren MacMillan found a month ago (subject line
"modifying items-worth-living").

It also makes annotate-spacing more robust. Before the change in
interval-sane?, pdf generation would fail if the vertical spacing
overflowed the page. Also, we now check that a page is non-empty before
trying to annotate the systems.

2006-07-24  Joe Neeman  <address@hidden>

        * scm/define-grobs.scm (all-grob-descriptions): make
NonMusicalPaperColumn
        page-breakable by default

        * scm/layout-page-layout.scm (space-systems): fix bug where the force
isn't
        correctly calculated for a single-system page

        * scm/lily-library.scm (interval-sane?): check that the first number is
no
        bigger than the second number

        * lily/simple-spacer.cc (solve): allow compression even when ragged
(but we
        acknowledge that we aren't satisfying constraints)

        * lily/hara-kiri-group-spanner.cc (request_suicide): give equal
treatment to
        non-Items

        * lily/grob.cc (pure_height): add minimum-Y-extent

        * lily/gourlay-breaking.cc (solve): don't ignore a compression force,
even if we're
        ragged

        * lily/constrained-breaking.cc: convert code to use new Matrix class
        (get_best_solution): new function

        * scm/page.scm (make-page-stencil): don't crash if we annotate-layout
when there
        is a page with no systems