Re: doc branching

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: doc branching
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 22:16:09 +1000

Graham Percival wrote:

> On 8-Apr-06, at 4:01 AM, Cameron Horsburgh wrote:
>
>> Graham Percival wrote:
>>
>>> manual, I'll be doing them all at once, so I won't miss anything.  I
>>> think we still have features introduced in 2.2 that haven't made it into
>>> the manual (I'll be calling for a volunteer to do this soon).
>>
>> I'll have a bit of time over the next week--I'm willing to have a look
>> through the last few NEWS files (2.0 on?) and compare them with the
>> current (2.9 ?) manual. Any objections?
>
> Great!  Yes, 2.9 is still the most recent manual.
>
> There's two parts to this job.  First, identify which things aren't in
> the manual which should be.  Second, write the docs for those new
> things.  :)
>
> I already know that the following things should be included but aren't:
> \killCues
> setAboveContext (or something like this)
> nested staff delimiters  --
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-11/msg00771.html
>

> Cheers,
> - Graham

Bewdy mate. I'll get a start on the first part and submit a list of what
I think needs to be done and where in the manual I think it should go. I
hope to do this in the next day or two.

Then for part two!

I notice that the doc tarball is 2.9.2 but the web page is 2.9.0. Is
there any non-trivial difference between the two?

Cam