Re: C++ vs. Scheme

From: David Feuer
Subject: Re: C++ vs. Scheme
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:18:55 -0400

On 4/4/06, Pedro Kröger <address@hidden> wrote:
> Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > It's simple.  Scheme code will probably never run as fast as C++.
>
> Unless, of couse, one uses a scheme compiler that can generate fast
> code, like bigloo [1].

Or a Scheme system like PLT that uses JIT compilation (mzscheme),
supports separate compilation for time critical sections (mzc), and
has a foreign function interface for C++ and C.  The big advantage?
Rapid development.  If Scheme isn't fast enough for some things, they
can be written in C. I suspect there are few of those.

David