Re: Improvements to Postscript backend (patches included)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Improvements to Postscript backend (patches included)
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 19:28:49 +0200

David Feuer schreef:
On 3/31/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

According to the Postscript reference, selectfont can be used with CID
resources as well as regular fonts.  Unfortunately, I can't make the
utf-8 regression test work either with or without my changes, so I
can't be sure I got this right.
unfortunately, Ghostscript disagrees. It throws a /typecheck error from
--glyphshow-- , if you load the font as a regular font.

Yech.  I suspect this is a bug in Ghostscript, though I could be
reading the PostScript reference wrong.  Could you take a look at
section 5.11.3 (CIDFont Dictionaries), the entry for selectfont in the
operator index (page 656, or PDF page 670), and the entry for
glyphshow (page 602, PDF page 616)?

I suspect you may know more about postscript than me, your guess is as good as mine; If you think it is bug, can you file a bug with ghostscript development?

I can send you a file with an embedded CFF CID font.