Supporting Quarter Tones ?

From: Johnny Farraj
Subject: Supporting Quarter Tones ?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:44:23 -0700 (PDT)

I perform Arabic music, and I just found out about LilyPond.

Has anyone ever tried adding support for quarter tones, used in Arabic /
Turkish music notation ?

They are notated using half-flats and half-sharps.

For more info and lost of examples on quarter tones see
[http://www.maqamworld.com/maqamat.html].

Im also a UNIX/C++ programmer, and would love to do the work myself, but need a
little handholding given the complexity of the product.

any help appreciated.

Johnny farraj
New York