Re: doc translations

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: doc translations
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:59:05 +0200

Le vendredi 02 septembre 2005 à 23:21 +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :
> John Mandereau writes:
> > are there plans to translate
> > the docs? (if not, the French translators will be soon unemployed :-))) )
>
> Wow, that's quite impressive!
>
> We might have a look at translating the tutorial...
>
> I have a set-up for that on my development box, but the problem is
> that the documentation is part of the LilyPond source tarball.  That
> makes building the documentation part of the website a bit trickier
> than the stuff in ./newweb.

Certainly.

> Also, the source is in texinfo, not HTML.

I hope this is not a problem.

> I've attached the patch, just in case you get bored; it has not been
> tested too wel.  The idea is to copy Documentation/user/tutorial.itely
> to Documentation/<LANG>/tutorial.itely, and leave all @node lines
> untranslated.  That way all HTML pages will have the same name, and
> blend well into the rest of the website.

Does it mean that that the node names cannot be translated? (Or have I
not understood well what you explained?)

> Good luck,
>
> Jan.

Thanks, I will have a look at this patch. I find translating the
tutorial useful now, but in my opinion, translating other documentation
is not a priority.

Regards
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>