otf and font-metrics?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: otf and font-metrics?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:30:26 +0100

Hi Werner,

the OTF font mechanism is shaping up nicely. I do have one question
still; we would like to include font metrics in the OTF as
well. Currently, we can hack this in using the character table, but it
would be nice if we could store the metrics directly in the
appropriate fields. Right now, we get the extents of the glyphs, which
is nice, but gives strange results when concatenating trills or
arpeggio signs.