Re: what is \consistsend

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: what is \consistsend
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:56:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
> >

> > On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> >

> > > What is \consistsend good for?  It is nowhere documented.
> > >

> > IIRC (guru hackers, please correct me if I am wrong!), engravers listen to
> > events following the design pattern of a responsibility chain rather than
> > following an observer pattern (BTW, why?).  Consequently, the order
>
> If you  can tell me what those are, I can explain you.

See: "Design Patterns" by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson and
John Vlissides ("gang of four"), Addison-Wesley, 1995.  ISBN 0-201-63361-2.

A must-have book for software designers!  (Actually, this book motivated a
whole bunch of other books by various authors over the last couple of
years, some of which you may also find to be interesting.)

Greetings,
Jürgen