LilyPond Hymnal

From: Brian M. Ames
Subject: LilyPond Hymnal
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:47:29 -0500

I a new LilyPond very impressed with its capabilities and the quality of its output. I am using LilyPond to create sheet music for the hymns on my website from my XML files. Besides creating .ly files for the individual hymns, I am creating a .ly file containing all hymns. To get complete titles for each hymn place the titles in each score and made the following change to a copy of the file lilypond:

line 372:
#       if first:
                s = s + '\\def\\mustmakelilypondtitle{}\n'
#       else:
#               s = s + '\\def\\mustmakelilypondpiecetitle{}\n'

That change, with a little attention cancel titles from hymn to hymn creates a very nice hymnal file. Can a command option be added to accomplish the same?

Brian M. Ames
The Ames Hymn Collection
http://junior.apk.net/~bmames