Re: one more tuplet problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: one more tuplet problem
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:06:02 +0100 (CET)

> > % . Looking at the third tuplet I believe that the beam spanner
> > %   code is not appropriate for tuplet lines at all.  It seems
> > %   best to follow the note head positions only, ignoring stems
> > %   for computing the slope.
>
> I think this is wrong, and will lead to large gaps. In the case
> shown, a horizontal bracket is better.

You are right.  I think I've found a better algorithm (see below).

    Werner

%
% This file shows problems with tuplet brackets in lilypond
% CVS 2004-01-19 18:06 MET.
%
% . We probably need a different algorithm to compute the slope of tuplet
%   brackets.  What about the following addition:
%
%   + Compare the number of stems `up' and `down'.  If we have more `down'
%     stems, put the tuplet bracket `down'.  In the example below, the
%     third tuplet bracket should be put on the other side.

\version "2.1.12"
\include "deutsch.ly"

\score {
  \notes \relative c' {