Re: input/bugs/

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: input/bugs/
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:36:32 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> > To all those with CVS access: the input/bugs/ directory is deprecated.
> > Do not put any stuff in that directory.
> >
> > Bugs should either be
> >
> >  * fixed
> >
> > or
> >
> >  * documented in the manual
>
> Yes, in an ideal world! In reality, there's at least one more
> stage, namely when the bug has been reported but nobody has had
> the time to bring it to any of the two stages mentioned above.

> I interpret your email that you want bug-lilypond as the only
> place for (yet unsolved) bug reports.

Indeed, and if a problem is severe, it will simply be reported again.

The problem with input/bugs/ is that it tends to grow with orphaned
reports, and a year later noone knows what a file is supposed to
demonstrate.

> in text. However, I'm sure you don't want to fill the documentation
> with examples of obscure bugs.

No,  obscure bugs don't need an example, just a  short statement that
a particular combination of features does not work (yet).