Re: more on octavation lines

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: more on octavation lines
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:50:57 +0100 (CET)

> > . The final `delimiter' (the small vertical bar) must have a
> >   greater horizontal offset.  I suggest to move it one notehead
> >   width to the right.
>
> I added
>
>       (shorten-pair . (0.0 . -0.6))
>
> for the ottave

Hmm, probably not the right solution.  Now the ottava lines broken
across staves stick out to the right.  IMHO, such ottava lines should
horizontally stop a small amount before the bar line.  Not this:

      8-  --  --  --  --  --
      ___________________
      ___________________|
      ___________________|
      ___________________|
      ___________________|

(as we currently have) but this:

Another buglet which I've forgotten to mention.  The font for `8va'
and friends is always italic.

    Werner