Lilypond and pdksh

From: Aredridel
Subject: Lilypond and pdksh
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:35:31 -0600

I'm running a PLD GNU/Linux system, which happens to use pdksh as it's
/bin/sh.

Lilypond carps at me like so:

        Running latex...sh:  latex \nonstopmode \input SKYEBOAT.latex  >&2 )
>&- ) 1>/dev/null 2>/tmp/tmpnUnP1Klatex.errorlog: unexpected `\'

If I hack things to run with bash, all goes well.

Is this a POSIX conformance problem, or should lilypond require (and
explicitly call) bash?

Ari