Re: Figured Bass support

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Figured Bass support
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 23:22:05 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

For the moment, you could use markup texts. For example:

Thanks for the suggestion - however it is much more important to me that the scores I am writing are structurally sound (i.e. the figured basses are really figured basses, with their own durations etc - I'm working on a graphical editor for LilyPond that understands them) as I won't be re-writing the scores later. I really just filed this note about the aesthetics of your figured bass output because I understand that you want LilyPond to be taken up because the output does not look stiff and computer-like. For practical purposes the figures are reasonably easy to play from as they are, though overall a bit far away from the notes.

Richard