Re: Building on CygWin

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Building on CygWin
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 12:02:51 +0200

"Robin Davies" <address@hidden> writes:

> k. Here's the official poop, as far as I can make out.
>
> I just re-installed guile from www.lilypond.org . The problem still occurs.

Thanks.

> The real problem is that "guile-config link" reports
>   "-L/usr/lib -lguile "\
>   "-L/home/fred/usr/src/cygwin/cygwin-1.3.10/usr/lib /home/fred/"
>   "usr/src/cygwin/cygwin-1.3.10/usr/bin/cygwin1.dll -lm"
>
> quite independently of what i686-pc-cygwin-guile-config does.

Ok,

> I poked into the scheme code for guile-config. It obtains these flags from
> the guile built-in variable "%guile-build-info"
>
>     $ guile | tee guile.log
>     guile > %guile-build-info
>     ((LIBS . "-L/home/fred/usr/src/cygwin/cygwin-1.3.10/usr/lib /home
> [...&c]
>
> The lib flags are compiled into guile itself.  :-/

Ugh.  I merely looked at the guile-config in the tarball that I
supply, and ran it (under linux), and it was fine.  But it just gets
the values from my linux installed guile executable.  Duh.

> I assume you're cross-compiling it. If you really have trouble
> fixing it,

Yes, you're right.  It may not be too much trouble, I've just never
had a bugreport before, and have been too lazy to fix it.  I'll look
into it, some time.  Thanks a lot for the detailed report.

> ...and the thought of trying to build a real live
> distribution package myself gives me the cold sweats, given my inexperience
> with linux/cygwin. (And it probably should do the same to you. lol).

:-))

Greetings,
Jan.