blot_diameter

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: blot_diameter
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:00:06 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

According to the recent discussion about blot_diameter, I tried to fix
all font symbols that I contributed so far.  Still, I do not fully
understand the concept.  Does blot_diameter only apply to convex
edges?  Does it only apply to the outline of a symbol?  Does the
concept of blot_diameter imply that lines always must have a width of
at least blot_diameter?  What about penrazors, penstrokes and all the
other MetaFont constructs that typically produce sharp edges?

Anyway, while fixing the font, I also added some more characters to
the vaticana style note heads section -- most of them for
compatibility reasons with OpusTeX and commercial systems.  Thereby I
noticed that Lily does not like TeX fonts that contain more than 256
characters:

lilypond: ../flower/include/array.hh:149: int &
Array<int>::elem_ref(int) const: Assertion `i >=0&&i<size_' failed.

This happens as soon as starting to prepocess notehead elements.
Therefore I have currently commented out some of the new note heads in
feta-bolletjes.mf.

Here is a summary of the changes:

* Fixed some blot_diameter related flaws in some feta symbols
* Added some more vaticana/solesmes style font symbols
* Bugfix: renamed subbipunctum -> inclinatum
* Fixed a few typos in various .mf files

The attached patch is relative to my previous patch.  When applying to
original 1.5.28, the only conflict (if at all) should occur for
ancient-font.ly.  In this case, just drop the changes for this file
(it affects just a single line, anyway).

Greetings,
Juergen