Re: lilypond and cygwin

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: lilypond and cygwin
Date: 15 Sep 2001 11:21:05 +0200

"Gerrit P. Haase" <address@hidden> writes:

> I get guile not to work. Also the version which
> is offered at lilypond site seems to be corrupt.

What makes you think that?  It's not very likely, we've had no
complaints lately.  What versions do you use?

> I get this error with the precompiled version:
> $ ./as2text --help
> ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
> ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path

Maybe you installed lilypond/guile in a non-standard place (not in
/cygwin); you are kindly asked not to do that.

You could set GUILE_LOAD_PATH to where your ice-9 directory lives.

> My selfcompiled version has regex broken...

You should compile and use the extra regex-4.4 package that comes with
cygwin.  Make sure to configure guile using

    LDFLAGS="-lregex" ./configure ...

You can always check what the cygwin-cross compilation scripts (from
http://www.lilypond.org/gnu-windows/) do.

Greetings,
Jan.