[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #3166 Add Mult

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #3166 Add Multi-mark engraver feature
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 16:55:38 +0000

I often find pieces which require two consecutive \mark(s). My easy workaround so far has been using a \markup for the second one. But this doesn't work nice when you have a piece with say-two instruments and you want to print either each part on its own and the "orchestra" score. The nice thing about \mark is that it will appear on each singular score and appear also only once in the orchestra score.

[issues:#3166] Add Multi-mark engraver feature

Created: Mon Feb 11, 2013 02:22 AM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Sun Apr 02, 2017 04:49 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: address@hidden

Javier Ruiz-Alma reported on bug-lilypond here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-02/msg00038.html

as follows:
------------

The LSR for typesetting two opposing fermatas above/below a barline will not
produce desired result when voices converge on one staff.  Suggest adding a note
of this, or better yet, how one could overcome this.

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=10

---------------

Xavier Scheuer responded with a workaround and asking that the shortcoming give rise to a feature request:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-02/msg00041.html

as follows:
------------

I use Neil's "multi-mark-engraver"
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-08/msg00157.html
and so far I never encountered any side-effect.

%%%% Lily code

% you should include the definition of "multi-mark-engraver"
% http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-08/msg00157.html

markDown =
#(define-music-function (parser location text) (markup?)
   (make-music 'MarkEvent
               'direction DOWN
               'label text))

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Mark_engraver"
    \consists #multi-mark-engraver
    \consists "Tweak_engraver"
  }
}

soprano = {
  c''2 \change Staff = "lower" d''2
\override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility = #begin-of-line-invisible
\mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }
}
bass = {
  a'1
  \markDown \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.dfermata" }
}
\score {
  \new GrandStaff <<
    \new Staff = "upper" { \soprano }
    \new Staff = "lower" { \bass }

  \layout {
  }
}

%%%% End of lily code

Cheers,
Xavier

PS: I do not think a limitation in a LSR snippet that is AFAIK not part
of LilyPond official documentation could qualify as a bug.
But adding "multi-mark-engraver" features in LilyPond by default could
(should?) be considered as a nice feature request.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/