[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4979 Pitched

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4979 Pitched trill: ledger lines are connected
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2016 16:37:18 +0000

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I haven't had a chance to look at the code yet, but I have a good guess as to what's happening and how to fix it.

When two ledger lines are at the same vertical position, in the same note column, (as I assume is probably the case with a pitched trill note?) we apparently can't just assume that they overlap horizontally (as is most often the case with chords). We will have to check whether they overlap horizontally or not before merging them.

If this is indeed what is going on, I don't think it should be very hard to fix. I'll try to take a crack at it when I get a chance, hopefully within a week. So at this point I'd prefer not reverting, but fixing it with a new patch.

[issues:#4979] Pitched trill: ledger lines are connected

Created: Fri Sep 30, 2016 08:25 PM UTC by Simon Albrecht
Last Updated: Sat Oct 01, 2016 07:26 AM UTC
Owner: Paul Morris
Attachments:

Reported by Dimitris Marin and pre-digested by Malte Meyn:

\version "2.19.42"
\pitchedTrill a''\startTrillSpan a''

producing the attached output.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/