[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4829 add all

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4829 add all languages for content negotiation and explain how to test .htaccess locally
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 10:18:50 +0000

pushed to staging:
317855213ec27520789106310b58d67e116457e6

[issues:#4829] add all languages for content negotiation and explain how to test .htaccess locally

Labels: Fixed_2_19_42
Created: Wed Apr 20, 2016 04:16 PM UTC by Federico Bruni
Last Updated: Thu May 05, 2016 10:18 AM UTC
Owner: Federico Bruni

I'll start this as soon as [#2212] is fixed.

Report: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2016-04/msg00102.html

1) .htaccess

I'm testing the lilypond website on the web root of my local Apache installation. I've noticed that on the same browser I get different languages on my localhost:

http://lilypond.org/manuals (italian, correct) - all the other URLs serve correctly italian pages

http://localhost/manuals (nederland, incorrect) - some other pages are served in english (e.g. download/ and introduction/), but others are served again in nederland (e.g. features/)

Adding this line to .htaccess fixes the problem:
AddLanguage it .it

In our .htaccess we have only this line:

# fix broken auto language selection for Hungarian
AddLanguage hu .hu

This makes me guess that on the server all the languages (except hungarian) are defined in another Apache config file. This would explain why lilypond.org is not affected by this bug.

I suggest adding the other languages (besides hungarian) in our .htaccess so we can test the website locally.

2) I'll add also instructions to CG 6.3 on how to test the .htaccess on your local web server.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/