[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 2212 di

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 2212 discussion
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 09:46:00 +0000

I suggest the following redirects:

  1. lilypond.org/doc (present at the end of the installer output in Linux) and lilypond.org/doc/stable should redirect to lilypond.org/manuals
  2. lilypond.org/doc/development should redirect to lilypond.org/development

[issues:#2212] WEB: change search to stable and development (see T2191)

Created: Tue Jan 10, 2012 05:20 PM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Sat Feb 15, 2014 05:21 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: address@hidden

From [r5530043] and T2191:
Graham Percival
    21 hours, 59 minutes ago #5

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 02:10:24PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> I totally share your sentiment, but we depend on an external entity
> here, which we cannot control.  Suppose we go from 2.15.x to 2.17.x and
> put the documentation under "v2.17".  For some time, Google won't have
> the new location in its index, so the search would get nothing.  It
> would be better to keep "v2.15" in the search for a while and have a
> redirection from "v2.15" to "v2.17".

Great point!  Could you add a comment to this effect to the top of
this file?  there's no way that I'll remember otherwise.

> Speaking of redirections, I would
> prefer that Lilypond had just two versions of its documentation online -
> latest "stable" and latest "development".  "v2.12" and "v2.14" shoould
> redirect to "stable", "v2.15" should redirect to "development".

We want to keep all stable docs available for historical reasons,
but I'm not opposed to directing people to
  /doc/stable/
  /doc/development/
rather than vX.Y.  If you feel like looking into this, the
htaccess is in Documentation/web/server/

- Graham

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/